Banyan Global implemented the Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) task order under the Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE) indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract. GITA provided on-demand, rapid response short-term technical assistance (STTA) to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Missions and Bureaus across sectors. Banyan Global applied its expertise in gender research and practice to the process of designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating USAID strategies, projects, and activities to reduce the gender and economic empowerment gaps that impede development outcomes.
USAID Bureaus or Missions could buy into GITA to obtain technical support to address gender equality and women’s empowerment in any of the following tasks in the USAID program cycle:
- Conducting country, sector or project-level gender and social inclusion analyses and assessments.
- Developing gender-responsive solicitations and procurements.
- Supporting the preparation of Country Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCS) and Project Appraisal Documents.
- Contributing to monitoring, evaluation and learning plans at the mission, sector or project level.
- Facilitating staff and partner gender training and/or workshops.
- Providing research and drafting white papers, case studies, and background briefings.
The USAID Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy commits USAID to design and implement development programs that address gender gaps and inequalities between men and women, with the following outcomes:
- Reduce gender disparities in access to, control over, and benefit from economic, social, political, and cultural resources, wealth, opportunities and services.
- Reduce gender-based violence and mitigate its harmful effects.
- Increase the capability of women and girls to realize their rights, determine their life outcomes, and influence decision-making in households, communities, and societies.
All USAID Washington and overseas operating units could access technical services through GITA.
Under GITA, Banyan Global carried out the following work:
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment: The Journey to Self-Reliance
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment: A Short History of USAID Policy and Programming
- USAID/South Sudan Gender-based Violence (GBV) Roadmap
- USAID/Yemen Gender Analysis
- USAID/India Gender Analysis
- Gender and Social Inclusion in Education Report (India)
- USAID/Rwanda Gender Analysis
- USAID/Armenia Gender Analysis
- USAID/North Macedonia Gender Analysis
- USAID/Colombia Gender Analysis and Assessment
- USAID/Guatemala Gender Analysis and Assessment
Project News & Events
March 16, 2020
October 9, 2018