December 16, 2021
The Transformative Household Methodology (THM) is a tool and facilitated activity that aims to create awareness of gender relations between women, men, girls, and boys in households. With the support of a facilitator, participants identify their respective roles and responsibilities and come up with solutions to narrow gaps in workload balance, resource allocation, and decision-making power. THM is interactive, which attracts diverse household members including husbands and children. The overall goal of THM is to change perceptions of household gender stereotypes, influence families to share resources and decisions fairly, and promote income-generating activities for all family members.
These training materials include the facilitation guide (available in four languages), activity board, household activity cards, and family member profile cards needed to conduct the THM activity. The training materials also complement other tools such as the THM training video developed through the Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity.
- Transformative Household Methodology Facilitation Guide (English)
- Transformative Household Methodology Facilitation Guide (Amharic)
- Transformative Household Methodology Facilitation Guide (Afan Oromo)
- Transformative Household Methodology Facilitation Guide (Tigrigna)
- Activity Board (“banner”)
- Household Activity Cards
- Family Member Profile Cards
Project News & Events
October 28, 2021
September 16, 2021