Banyan Global served as a subcontractor to Guidehouse, formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers, on the Department of State Performance Management and Evaluation Services indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services IDIQ was to provide the U.S. Department of State with monitoring and evaluation services to regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas in the areas of security, diplomacy, media and cultural affairs, environment, science and technology, economics, business and trade, and other cross cutting sectors.
The monitoring and evaluation services included:
- Designing and implementing a variety of short- and long-term quantitative and qualitative evaluations covering Department activities including programs, projects, processes, initiatives, and systems. These include organizational assessments, performance and impact evaluations, sector evaluations, multi-country evaluations, meta evaluations, case studies, and experience (desk) reviews.
- Providing performance monitoring support, including establishment of monitoring methods, development of metrics, and data collection and analysis.
- Developing performance management materials such as program/project management plans and evaluation frameworks, theories of change, logic models, and related tools; and developing program, project, and portfolio management recommendations.
- Developing and providing training around the Department’s Managing for Results (MfR) framework, including evaluation training (both in conducting and managing evaluations) and various trainings on integrating strategic planning, budgeting, program/project design, performance management, and learning.
- Developing a variety of role-appropriate work aids and supporting instructions to facilitate understanding and use of evidence from evaluations and other performance management information.
- Providing general technical assistance including consultation/advisory services.
- Supplying support staff augmentation as necessary to implement various functions within the MfR framework.
Under this IDIQ, Banyan Global was a subcontractor to Guidehouse on the Department of State Bureau of Energy Resources (DOS/ENR) Evaluation for the Energy Governance and Capacity Initiative (EGCI) Assistance to Ukraine.