International Youth Day is observed annually on August 12. It is an opportunity for governments, civil society, educational institutions, and the business community to draw attention to youth issues worldwide. The theme of International Youth Day 2019 is Transforming Education. Join us on August 9 for a panel discussion on how education is adapting to the ever-changing needs of youth and the workforce.
- Dr. Jacqueline Fernandez-Romero, Principal, Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) Career Academy Public Charter School
- Dr. Catherine Honeyman, Senior Youth Workforce Specialist, World Learning
- Dr. Benjamin Williams, Principal, Ron Brown College Preparatory High School
*Youth panelists from each school and organization will also join the discussion.
- Louis “Louie” Alexander, Principal, Youth Practice, Banyan Global
- David Morgan, Program Officer, Gender and Youth Practice, Banyan Global
The discussion will focus on how the education sector has adapted to the ever-changing needs of youth and the labor market to fit the new realities of the world we live in. Banyan Global is one of several companies currently implementing youth-focused programs in multiple countries, including the large Empleando Futuros Project in Honduras, dedicated to providing a safe workforce development and job insertion pathway to the next generation of youth.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Follow the conversation on Twitter using #YouthDay.
If you are unable to join in person, dial in:
+1 (408) 650-3123;
Access Code: 735-517-053