International Youth Day is observed annually on August 12. It is an opportunity for governments, civil society, educational institutions and the business community to draw attention to youth issues worldwide. The theme of International Youth Day 2018 is Safe Spaces for Youth. Join us for a panel discussion on creating safe employment pathways for urban youth to enter the labor market.
- Jacob Newman, Managing Director, Montgomery County, Latin American Youth Center
- Rebecca Goodstein, East Coast District Environmental Coordinator, Patagonia
- Marcita Bentley-Pinkston, Director, Youth Services, Employ Prince George’s
- Yolanda Tully, Director, Youth Career Connect, Employ Prince George’s
- Louis “Louie” Alexander, Principal, Youth Practice, Banyan Global
The discussion will make connections between workforce development programs in the United States and international programs funded by the US government under the global YouthPower program. Banyan Global is one of several companies currently implementing youth-focused programs in multiple countries, including the large Empleando Futuros Project in Honduras, dedicated to providing a safe workforce development and job insertion pathway to the next generation of youth. Panelists will also highlight the importance of establishing critical and strategic partnerships with the business community to meet labor market demand in workforce development programming.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Follow the conversation on Twitter using #YouthDay and #SafeSpaces4Youth.
If you are unable to join in person, dial in:
+1 (646) 749-3122;
Access Code: 513-943-053