Banyan Global is implementing the global Women’s Economic Empowerment and Equality Technical Assistance (WE3 TA) task order, awarded under the Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE) indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. Under the direction of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment, Office of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (E3/GenDev), Banyan Global provides advisory services to stakeholders to better analyze, design, implement, and monitor interventions addressing women’s economic empowerment and equality constraints and opportunities in support of USAID’s Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy.
Under WE3 TA, Banyan Global participated in the first Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) Incentive Fund Community of Practice (CoP), organized by USAID/E3/GenDev in partnership with USAID/E3/Trade and Regulatory Reform in Washington, DC on February 3-4, 2020. The purpose of the W-GDP Incentive Fund CoP is to support USAID contracting/agreement officers and program managers, gender advisors, and implementing partners in making activities as sustainable and successful as possible in achieving women’s economic empowerment (WEE) development results. The objectives of the workshop were to launch a W-GDP Incentive Fund CoP, in which peers (USAID and implementing partners) build mutually beneficial relationships and provide ongoing technical support and learning among the community; learn about the approaches, successes, and challenges of the W-GDP Incentive Fund activities to date and the technical knowledge that participants from all organizations have to share with each other; discuss evidence-based approaches to advance WEE to have systemic impact; and, determine the structure of the CoP moving forward, including its common vision, forms of engagement, and member contributions.
WE3 TA participated in both days of the workshop. Specifically, the Banyan Global team:
- Co-moderated a panel about evidence-based approaches to advancing WEE and achieving systemic impact in each of the W-GDP Incentive Fund pillars;
- Facilitated peer-to-peer discussions in small groups focused on collaborating, learning, and adapting during the session on measuring WEE;
- Co-facilitated “lunch time table chats” on WEE technical support and the W-GDP Incentive Fund learning agenda;
- Facilitated sessions during the “Aligning on CoP Objectives and Engagement Moving Forward” session; and,
- Selected, updated, and formatted specific WE3 Technical Guide materials for distribution at the workshop.